Thursday, February 25, 2010

Two Faces that I can't let go of....

These two beautiful girls are constantly on my mind. I cannot seem to function at 100% because I am haunted by the devastation that their family is enduring and cannot even imagine what they are going through. I feel a very specific pull to families with sick children since we were once sitting by our daughters bedside praying for a miracle. God granted us our miracle. These are just two of many beautiful faces that are putting up a brave fight against childhood cancer.

Many of us ask why? I don't know these children, or their families personally. I have been following their stories for months. I pray everyday for them. I don't know why God does things the things he does and neither do you, but it's all part of a greater purpose and a greater plan. I know, that personally he has showed me that its important to take time and smell the roses. STOP worrying about the dishes in the sink, the laundry, the mess in the kids rooms. Savor each moment because you never know when it will be your last. These two girls have taught me so much in the past few months and for that I am grateful.

These two are still fighting and miracles can still happen. Please pray for them and for their comfort and peace and for their dear families who are watching their precious children deteriorate. I cannot even imagine.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read about Kate, but Layla's story is heartbreaking. I will keep both of these special girls in my thoughts and prayers. May God bring peace to them and their families!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read one of Layla's mom's posts on her blog, I almost couldn't take it. She was writing about how tired Layla was and that she just wanted to sleep in her bed, and how much she (the mom) wished for the days of a noisy toddler running around at her feet making every task take twice as long. I cannot in my wildest nightmares imagine what these families are going through, but my thoughts and prayers are with all families with sick children. I don't think there could be anything worse.

    ReplyDelete