Wednesday, June 23, 2010

On the way Home... The Conclusion of our Road Trip

We left To come back home on Saturday and ALL of us were not happy. We missed our house and our family and friends in Texas but oh my goodness..... we did not welcome the heat and humidity after being in gorgeous weather for a week!!! We decided to take a different route home through Kansas and Oklahoma.... it was a nice change of scenery...


We stopped in Dodge City, Kansas so Nathan, the history buff could take a gander at everything there.... It was interesting!




We decided to let Briley spend some time in Jail.....



and visted the Dodge City Cemetary.........

Briley kept walking over the graves. I told her to stop, it was disrespectful.... She said "Why does it matter?? They're dead mommy... They can't talk back"

No Joke.





Then is was off to Oklahoma.... I have never been there so it was neat to see it!

We stop\p in Oklahoma City to spend the night with friends and we were all so tired we forgot to take pictures!!! :( you KNOW I was tired if I forgot to take pictures!



So you're driving through Oklahoma and right before you hit Texas you run into these cliffs and small mountains.... Apparently its a volcanic eruption from 2 million years ag0-- who knew??




We took a detour to Melissa, TX.... I have my own city. I am the coolest Eva.


















And after that we drove home..... That's all she wrote. Our vacation was amazing and memorable....I want to go again.

We are already planning our next road trip.... The Ozarks in Arkansas!

No comments:

Post a Comment