Thursday, May 28, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday - Kids's Rooms!!!

Yay! We are back! We missed a few days of Show us Where you live Friday because we don't have a dining room or guest bedroom! Kelly from Kelly's Korner Started this and it's so fun!!! This week is Kids rooms!!!

This is Briley!! Welcome to her room!

Briley loves Pink- everything in her life MUST be pink.... She also likes green and polka dots... hence...

Instead of just doing her first name.... We decided to put her middle name up as well... since she Often goes by "Briley Grace"... She loves Dance. This is where the tutu comes in...
Before Kayelyn was born, my friend Melissa got me this sign.... It was true for me growing up and it couldn't be more true now... as t hey grow together they are best friends....


This is Briley's Bed. Its a short pink bed from Ikea and she loves it. My main worry was her falling out of bed. So we got a bed that's only 4 inches off the ground :) She HAS to have all those toys with her when she sleeps. She calls them "her people". So making her bed is quite the chore rounding all of them up and stacking them...

This is her dresser, also from Ikea and also pink.... its nice and short so she can access the drawers and get herself dressed- something she LOVES doing. That mirror has been in our family for years and years. Each child paints it a different color to match their room. I hope Briley gives it to her child someday....
This is the left side of her room looking from the doorway. We had this extra futon so we put it in her room and covered it with a pink cover. She loves to sit there and read, but someday it will be great when she has a friend spend the night!


This is the middle of her room.... My mom made that curtain and I just love it!
Here is the right side of the room looking in from the door....

This side table is next to the futon.... She has her awanas trophy on it and well as the very first picture of her holding her baby sister. This was a special moment for her. Kayelyn was hospitalized after her birth and in the NICU for many months.... When Briley finally got to hold Kayelyn in the hospital.... it was a BIG day.

I made this tree for Briley for her room for Christmas. She loves it so much she begged me not to take it down...

Brriley also LOVES Butterflies.... I found these at Potterybarn Kids....





Here is Kayelyn's Room! Welcome!!


Kayelyn's room is still a work in progress. We still need more stuff on the walls and a valance or curtain.... I would love some ideas!
The kids started out sharing a room and that didn't work.... so she took over the guest room and now has her own space... We went with cooler colors to match her baby blue eyes and laid back personality...
The walls are a "Tiffany" Blue and the stripes are an egg plant purple.

I looked and looked for artwork I liked and never found it, so I painted it myself....



Kayelyn also has a futon in her room. Our family has a Beachhouse down in Galveston that was damaged during Ike..... This futon was taken from the beach house.... I LOVE IT! it was my main inspiration for the colors in Kayelyn's room... Here Sully Dog is posing for a picture....


Kayelyn's room is still pretty bare.... but here is the top of her dresser..

and this LAMP! I love it! I bought it at Target in Colorado and I am in LOVE with how cool it is.


Thanks for stopping by!!! Hope you enjoyed the tour!

5 comments:

  1. I love your rooms! Briley's room is so alive with colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great rooms. I love the tiffany blue too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your room, it looks so fun, I also thought it was funny because my little girl is Riley Grace and you have a Briley and a Grace!

    ReplyDelete