Sunday, August 24, 2008

Mom of the Year Goes to....

Yesterday I set out on a mission to find a new baby pool because the yard people popped a hole in Briley's old pool with the weed eater. Apparently summer is over in Texas, even though its 95 degrees outside and all of the summer stuff is gone and the Christmas trees are up! I hit up several stores looking for a new baby pool.
Nothing.
So.... I went to Toys R Us only to find out they had a HUGE sale on all the summer stuff. Clearance for the end of summer sale.... So I picked out a plastic blue baby pool and went on my merry way. Then, as I headed to check out stand I see it from afar.
There are only 2 left and one must be mine. I must have that. Now.
Its a 12' wide above ground pool and it's priced to sell baby.... $99. I think to myself. Self, if I show up with this pool I will be a Higgly Town Hero No Doubt..... So I buy it and bring it home. Nathan & Travis assembled the pool and in we got. Briley and Haylee loved it. Briley's exact words were:
"Oh. My. Goodness. Thats unbelieveable. Mommy, you are the coolest mom ever"
So I scored major points and now I have a pool and didn't even have to finance it. Yes, I know it's a bit ghetto fabulous to have a $99 above ground pool, but hey--Yay for me.





No comments:

Post a Comment