Saturday, March 7, 2009

Date Night!!!

Our Very good friends Sarah and Eric gave us huge gift yesterday... They came to our house and watched the kids for an entire evening while we had a date night. They entertained the kids and made cupcakes and played while Nathan and I had a wonderful night, just the TWO of us. We have not had a real DATE since Kayelyn was born. Between Her being so ill, me losing my job and all of the other million trials our relationship has faced, this was long over due and I am SO grateful to our friends for doing this for us. We are up our noses in medical bills that are still floating in and it has taken months to recover from me losing my job and Sarah and Eric took care of the kids for FREE!! We are forever thankful to them.....










Nathan and I went to eat at the Melting Pot per the recommendation of Jen. Nathan had an amazing night on Friday Waiting tables, and it just happened to be the same amount that our dinner turned out to be last night!! Funny how things work out.... So at the Melting Pot you get a 3 HOUR meal.... yes 3 HOURS.... Dinner Started with Fun drinks.....
The Salad was First. Field Greens with Mozzarella Cheese Slices and an ENTIRE tomato sliced with a Balsamic Glaze.....
Then You Start with AMAZING cheese and dipped breads, fruits and veggies in it. The cheese has a Pinot Grigio base. They then add spices to make the bowl look like an Italian flag...
Then you move to the main course. Everything is brought to your table RAW and you put it in into the Fondue pot to cook it. Its SO fun!

It's Getting Steamy in here....

During our meal we spent time making fun of this kid who had his DVD player at the table watching movies... well we made fun of the parents actually. Why bring your kid and babysit him with TV while you engage in adult conversation????..... His TV annoyed everyone sitting around him... He started with Bambi. Who wants to watch Bambi's mom die while you munching down on Exquisite morsels of Filet Mignon??

After Dinner the chocolate comes and let me tell you, we got the Turtle Chocolate and it took all I had not to dip my entire arm in the chocolate :)




THANKS AGAIN SARAH AND ERIC FOR HELPING US OUT! WE APPRECIATE YOU!

2 comments:

  1. Anytime for 2 of the best girls around! We enjoyed our time with the girls so much! Making cupcakes was definitely the highlight of the night! Thanks for trusting me with your two precious girls! We'll be looking on the calendar for the next Melissa-Nathan date night!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Melting Pot is one of our fav's! It is such a great way to relax, take your time eating and eat some yummy goodness! You crack me up that you took pictures of it. I am glad you two had a good date night. I know how much they are needed!

    ReplyDelete