Thursday, January 29, 2009

Interviewed!!!


Here's how it works:1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."

2. I will respond by e-mailing you 5 questions.

3. You update your blog with the answers to the questions.

4. You include this explanation and an offer to interview others.

5. When you receive the comment from another, you will send them 5 questions.


Thank you, Lerin, for the interview!


1) Are you still loving your new job?


I adore my new job. Just love it. I couldn't ask for anything better. I am actually getting to use my degree, doing something I love in an environment that is wonderful. Who doesn't want to be in labor and delivery and postpartum and see the hundreds of miracles born each month, let alone take pictures of them.... It is such a privilege to do my job. I love seeing the joy in mom's face when I capture a cute face and they see their new little wonder for the first time on paper. I also love the freedom my job gives me. I don't have to deal with any corporate bologna, no micro-managing. I don't worry if people are mad at me all the time. I love the nurses and doctors and they love me. They tell me they envy my job. Most people do actually. All the moms and dads say "how did you get this job?" They say... it must be so cool. And it is :) I also love my Bow business Couture Bowtique and my photography business Snapped With Love. I have so much more freedom now than I did when I was stuck in corporate hell.... I have busy days and slow days and during the slow days I get to spend extra time with my girls. Which is wonderful. The thing I love most of all, is that God put me in the right place at the right time. As I mentioned in a previous blog, it seems like the major events of my life have run full circle and I am back to a place where my life was unbearable hard 7 months ago. Being at work, being in the NICU etc has healed me and I am at a much better place in life.


2) How did you choose Briley and Kayelyn's names?


Thats an easy one. For Briley's name I LOVED the name Riley and Bailey. One day Nathan and I were talking about names and I accidentally said "Briley" we both decided we loved that name and it stuck :)


Kayelyn is namesake of epic proportions. "Kaye" is my middle name and the "Lyn" came from our beloved friend that passed away while I was pregnant with Briley. She never got to meet our kids and she was so excited about them....


3) If money was no object and you could change one thing about your house, what would it be?

I would add on extra rooms-- more room to our master bedroom and add on more rooms upstairs on downstairs. I want an office and a craft room.


4) What is your favorite memory from your wedding?


Everyone who has gotten married and had a huge wedding knows to chaos you have to endure. A whirlwind of days of dinners and parties and appointments and eating.... Nathan and I barely saw each other for weeks leading up to our wedding. I was working full time for $8.00 and hour and trying to organize our apartment that was entirely too small. Nathan was working at the Poultry Science Lab on Campus making $13.00 and hour and taking classes full time- TRYING to take his finals early so we could get married and go to Mexico.... Like I said- between that and our wedding planning we NEVER saw each other. I was So nervous and so sick to my stomach the day of our wedding. I just wanted it to be over. The day flew by, Hair, Makeup, dresses, pictures, drama...... The moment came I walked down the aisle, said "I DO", Kissed my groom and walked back down the Aisle out the front door of the church and around to the side of the church. We had about 1 minute until the rest of the wedding party started pouring out of the church. It was the greatest ALONE moment of all time. We looked at each other and at the same time said "WE DID IT!!!" and started jumping up and down and hugging. I will never forget it. It was JUST the TWO of us and it seems like hours....I was at peace and all was right with the world.


5) Name three things that you hope your daughters learn from you.


  • HUMOR- Anyone that knows us knows we laugh and we laugh a lot. We joke about everything. In the midst of crisis we try to find humor in everything and always find a reason to make each other smile. I hope they learn that there is a time to be serious and a time to be solemn.... But that there is always room for a smile and for humor. It makes life bearable and fun.

  • FAITH- Believe in God and that through him all great and wonderful things happen and happen for a reason that while we may not realize it at the time, there is a reason and that's all we need to know. Believe in miracles and know that the power of prayer is stronger than anyone can comprehend.

  • GIVE- Give, give & give some more. Volunteer your time to help others even if you never get anything in return. People appreciate things you do for them. Help them run errands, clean their homes or offices if they are unable or too busy, make things for them, give gifts for no reason it all, help with home repair when you are able bodied and young and able to do so, cook for them, spend the extra time they need to you to, and give your time to others. It's an invaluable resource and there even when you're broke.

*****


If you want to be interviewed, leave me a comment with "Interview Me"


and I will get right on it. :) I hope SOMEONE responds.... This is really fun!!

4 comments:

  1. Ok, I'll play along.

    Interview me. I think I'm nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you know I have this interview thing worked out :)

    Interview me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! You got some more interviewees. :)

    I loved hearing all your answers. Especially you and Nathan's alone moment at the wedding... so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally teared up at the wedding story! Interview me!

    ReplyDelete