Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A room of Her own....

SO Nathan and I finally gave in and gave Kayelyn her own room.... She is a Very light sleeper and so is Briley.... It wasn't going to work out. So after a week of work, I finally have Kayelyn's room partially done.... The big stuff anyway..... I still have to make a valance and Nathan is making a huge wood monogram for over her bed. I also have a friend painting some fun things on the other walls in the next few weeks.
We wanted something TOTALLY different than Briley's room.... Her room is baby pink, HOT PINK and lime green (IT is also under renovation so pics to come soon) so we wanted something that is more fit to Olive. Her eyes inspired the ice blue walls. I actually went to Home Depot to look at paint chips and I found this color on the "OOPS" paint isle.... The color is lovingly called "Tiffany Box Blue". I love oops paint. Its usually $5 a gallon but the lady rang it up at $3.50 and I didn't protest :) I bought a quart of grape colored paint and made stripes to go with the blue and just used the white base for some of the stripes.


My inspiration is a futon that we inherited from the Beach House after the Ike Renovation.
It is not set up, but here is the cover.... The futon is going against one wall in her room for a reading corner.
I am thrilled with the way it turned out. Like I said, I still have a lot of work ahead, but it's a start!





1 comment:

  1. It looks great so far! I love the colors. I am also a fan of "oops" paint. Darren had never heard of it until a couple of weeks ago. I have been wanting to paint the 1/2 bath and found some great paint for $5! He was highly impressed.

    ReplyDelete