Tuesday, April 28, 2009

In Memory....

We had a series of Memorial Celebrations for Grandpa this weekend....

Grandpa as a little boy....
Grandpa in the Aggie Corps of Cadets


Grandpa at 16 years Old....
____________________________________

On Saturday we held a HUGE party at El Tapatio, Grandpa's favorite Mexican food restaurant.
He has been going there for years and was a regular there. They called him "BOSS" The owner of the restaurent asked for a picture of Grandpa with "BOSS" on it to hang on the wall right when you walk in.... This is what I came up with....




Mom & Dad giving a Gig'em outside El Tapatio

My Dad was an AGGIE for the day.... Which I though would never happen. Grandpa left his Aggie ring to My mom and Dad. Dad actually TOOK OFF his college ring andhas been wearing the AGGIE ring..... For those of you that know my dad.... thats a BIG deal :)

Grandpa's favorite Drink Was Jameson Irish Whiskey. A round was ordered for those who wanted it. Just so happened without knowing or counting.... "12" shots were ordered.... You Aggies know what that means :)



Grandpa's FAVORITE!! Cheese enchiladas- BEANS! NOOOO RICE!!!!




__________________________________________
On Sunday we had a Memorial Service for Grandpa.... It was stunning and perfect.


My sister and I made these arrangements -- Texas Wildflowers in Grandpa's boots....


1 Dozen Yellow Roses for the Yellow Rose of Texas

1 dozen maroon roses for the Aggies...






Meg & Grandpa....









1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry, again. I can see how much you loved him.

    ReplyDelete