Sunday, January 10, 2010

No Resolutions....

Every year I make this giant list of things I plan to change throughout the new year.... Stop biting my nails, fold the laundry RIGHT when the dryer turns off, get in shape, save more money.... the list goes onnnn and onnnnn and onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. This year I am not making RESOLUTIONS. I have decided that I am changing my LIFE. I am not going to set myself up for failure to combat a list of things daily that will never happen. I am just decided to let myself evolve into the person I know I am capable of being..... I am getting rid of the toxic things in my life and making myself free and happy.

That being said let me tell you where I stand.

I started weight watchers 6 weeks ago. I have lost 16 lbs so far and I will continue to stay on that track. There is not choice or option, by the end of the year I am going to be the hottest mama you know. Period. :)

I joined the gym. On my quest to be the hottest mama you know, I signed up and have been going 3-4 days a week. Jogging, elliptical and weights.... I am so sore I can barely move but I know these are the signs of progress.

I am done nursing friendships that are one-sided and require massive amounts of maintenance. First and foremost, I am a mom, I am a wife and a business owner and a teacher to my own children and 13 adorable preschoolers. I am a photographer, and I am a maid and a cook and a media person for my family. I am also a friend. I am a good friend and I love and care deeply for those who do the same for me. You know who you are and you know I love you. we don't have to call everyday or even see each other. I know your busy and you know I am.

Thank you for sharing this bumpy life journey with me and I am glad I have you to lean on.

Out with the old and in with the new. If your out or it's out-- Goodbye, fairwell. C'est La Vie. Don't expect me to care or come begging. Take your issues and go. I don't need or want your negative bologna.
GOODBYE TOXIC ridiculous , annoying, etc....

I am a quest to be more in tune with God and my spiritual self. I have started a 365 day reading program and I am on track to finish reading the entire Bible by December 31st 2010. I cannot tell you so far, how cool it is to be doing this and gain an entire new understanding and knowledge base of the Bible. truly amazing.

I am working on keeping it simple and decluttering my life. Less is more in most cases and my home is beginning to reflect that. It's much easier to be OCD and clean and dust around the house when you don't have a lot to clean around :)

I am growing as a business owner and photographer. I am always open to new ideas and suggestions. I will be holding many contests this year to drum up new business and make things interesting. If you want to follow me check out Snapped With Love.com

Just as a side note, I would like to take this moment to freely admit that I am 100% obsessed with The Twilight Series, and basically anything Vampire. I am pretty sure I am not the only 30 something mother who is in love with a fictional, 107 year-old 17 year old. I pray daily that Stephanie Meyer would finish book 5 and 6, and 7 and 8 and 9 and .....ok. I know I'll stop.

Thank you to My mother in law and sister in law for getting me hooked. Jen got me the True Blood Series for Christmas. I JUST started them.... Hopefully it will help me get through until the next books in the series are out.

This year is going to be a year of many changes for myself and my family..... It's going to be positive and I am thrilled at the prospect. I don't plan on keeping up a blog stating how successful I am. I may ramble here and there but I feel I may burn myself out if I do. Rather I am not making RESOLUTIONS, more like a revolution of life :) Give me 12 months and I will be in a totally new form. I guarantee it :)

2 comments:

  1. Let me know if you figure out a solution to the laundry folding problem. We have the same issue at our house and we are all looking a bit wrinkley as a result. :)

    Great non-resolutions. Good luck in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete